Placement Test for Nursery
The child is asked to assemble puzzles to assess hand and motor co-ordination, and identify animals, colors, shapes etc. The child is assessed on clarity of speech, behavior and ability to follow instructions.
Placement Test for KG 1
The Admission Officer sits with the child and goes through some storybooks and puzzles to make the child feel comfortable. Then, the Officer goes through a question booklet with the child, in order to assess the child’s ability to recognize letters, similar/ different objects, shapes, the child’s numerical ability and ability to comprehend and follow instructions. If the child is joining at the beginning of the academic year, his manual dexterity skills are tested to see if he/she is ready to begin writing in KG1.
Placement Test for KG2
The Admissions Officer sits with the child to go through the test booklet. Recognition and writing skills are assessed. The child is asked to write letters (both upper and lower cases) and asked to read the letters phonetically. Numerical ability is tested by exercises in basic counting and writing of numbers. Logical reasoning is tested by asking the child to match pictures with their shadows and by matching identical figures from a group of similar figures.
Placement Test for Grade I to VIII
Grade-appropriate concepts in English, Mathematics & EVS / Science are tested. The Admissions Officer goes through the paper with the child and explains what is expected out of them. They are encouraged to ask questions if they have any doubts in understanding the test.
On completion of the placement tests, a personal interactive session with the parents and the Admission Committee is organized to facilitate further in-depth understanding about the education philosophy of the school, and parental needs and expectation from the school.
a. Presidency School, shall offer admissions to the following classes against seats available:
- Pre KG
- Lower Kindergarten (PREP1)
- Upper Kindergarten (PREP2)
- Class I to Class XII CBSE
- Admissions in class X and XII to be given only on the discretion of the Management.
b. Admission to the school is open to Indian and Foreign Nationals, with no distinction of caste, religion or state.
Preference will be given to the siblings of the children already studying in this school.
||Minimum Age as on 31st May 2019
||Child has to come along with parents for an interaction.
||No written test
||No written Test
> BUSINESS STUDIES
> IP ( Information Practise)
Schedule for the interaction and/or written test will be intimated to parents through email or phone. Only selected candidates will be called for further admission process. Admissions will be given on first cum first basis.
Purchase of admission form
- Admission kit to be purchased against payment of prescribed fee to register the child’s name for the year and class for which admission is sought.
- This fee is neither refundable nor adjustable and it is valid only for the specified academic year.
- Purchase of admission form does not guarantee of the admission.
Submission of admission form:
Parents to submit the completed admission form along with the mentioned documents:
- Copy of birth certificate
- Two passport size photographs
- Copy of address proof
- Copy of transfer certificate- TC should be compulsorily submitted for admission to class I upwards.
- Copy of passport /visa (for Foreign Nationals only)
- Copy of report card of the lower class in which the student studied last.
Families and parents are welcome to make an appointment for a tour of our School. Alternatively, Tours with the Principal occur regularly with prior appointment.
- Admissions Executive will schedule the Informal Interactive Session/admission test. On the day of interaction, the child has to visit the school along with both the parents as per schedule notified.
- Admissions Executive will intimate the admission status within 24 hrs after the Informal Interactive Session.
POST PLACEMENT TEST
The Admissions Staff mark the answer sheet after the student has finished the placement test, after which they inform parents of the results. Parents are then advised on which class the child is best suited for.